JMR Financial Group Privacy Notice
When you begin a client relationship with JMR Financial Group you are placing your trust in our expertise and you expect the relationship to be conducted in a highly confidential manner. Because we typically need to collect nonpublic personal information about you, such as name and address, Social Security or tax ID number, assets, income, account balance, bank account information, etc., we do the utmost to preserve and protect that information.
Most importantly, we do not sell or share your information in any manner with any other party except as approved by you or as required by law.
In cases where you approve of information sharing, such as opening an investment account at a brokerage firm or mutual fund company, we will provide you with access to the specific privacy policies of those firms.
The law allows you to “opt out” of certain kinds of information with third parties. Since we do not share your information with anyone without your express permission there is no need to opt out. You are already opted out.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your nonpublic personal information. We safeguard your records in the following manner:
Against computer hacking:
- Use of virus, malware and spyware software and the utilization of a computer firewall to prevent unwarranted intrusions.
- Use of strong passwords for program access.
Against computer crashes:
- Data records are backed up on a nightly basis.
Against physical theft, when the office is unattended:
- All file data is kept under lock and key.
- Each individual office within the JMR suite of offices is locked.
- Each JMR office suite (Duluth and Superior) is locked.
- The buildings housing JMR offices (Duluth and Superior) are locked.