Careers - JMR Financial Group
Current Openings: Tax Manager
JMR Financial Group is seeking a tax leader to help the firm grow. Looking for a Tax Professional with an entrepreneurial mind who is interested in future ownership opportunities within the firm. Firm is located in Superior WI on the shores of Lake Superior.
Salary commensurate with experience.
As the Tax Manager, you are responsible for leading, managing and holding others accountable in the Tax Department while delegating duties to ensure timely output of client services. The Tax Manager is responsible for client relationship management for consistent improvement and opportunity enhancement in the Tax Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively Pursues Clients for Business Growth and expanded services within the firm.
- Oversees Tax Department Workflow and Output.
- Develops Department Workflows, Processes and Training.
- Responsible for all Individual and Business Income Tax Planning, Return Preparation & Review.
- Communication with Taxing Authorities on Client’s Behalf.
- Communication with Clients Regarding their Tax Compliance.
- Manage Tax Season Process Including Client Tracking.
- Establish Staffing Needs.
- Hire, Train, Advise and Supervise Staff.
- Prepare and Distribute Client Organizers.
- Prepare Client Engagement Letters.
- Assist with Establishment of Billing Rates.
- Document Policies and Procedures.
- Assist with Internal Budgeting.
- Assists the President and Vice-President to Ensure the Organization Meets Necessary Financial, Regulatory and Compliance Requirements.
- Support Other Departments as Needed.
The essential job functions as stated are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. The stated job functions are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
May perform other duties as assigned or requested
License(s) / Certification(s) / Registration(s)
Required: Active Certified Public Accountant or Enrolled Agent
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Tax
Amount and Type of Experience
Extensive experience in a managerial role.
Solid working knowledge of tax laws, tax law research and tax preparation software.
5+ years preparing and reviewing individual and business tax returns.
Experience in mulit-state taxation.
Adaptability and Flexibility
Demonstrated Competence & Professionalism
Demonstrated Leadership Abilities
Effective Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Good Multi-Tasking and Problem-Solving Skills
Proficient in Excel and Word Software
Proficient in Intuit Tax Online Software
ORGANIZATIONAL CORE COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
Communicates openly and in a timely way. Listens to understand. Speaks and writes clearly. Shares information appropriately. Keeps others well informed. Encourages others to share contrary views. Responds in a timely manner to messages/requests.
Take control of your career, schedule and opportunities and join our team of professionals that are focused on client growth. Let your talents as a leader come to light as you develop and grow your support staff. Work in an environment that supports forward thinking and improved processes. Work in the Duluth / Superior area where lakes, beaches, trails and streams are only minutes away.
Compensation - Benefits:
Competitive Compensation Package including Medical, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off and 401(k) with employer Match. Salary based on experience.
Apply Today! Attach Resume and Cover Letter Below and Click Apply