Cafeteria/Flex Plans | JMR Financial Group
Let us help you set up a Flex Plan for your employees.
Also called Cafeteria Plans, Flexible Benefit Plans allow participating employees to choose among two or more benefits consisting of cash and qualified benefits. See IRC Section 125(d)(1)(B). Employees and employers both benefit with a flex plan as each dollar that passes through the plan on a pre-tax basis avoids payroll taxes like FICA, FUTA, Workers Compensation and Unemployment. Employers save approximately 8% on the amount that is run through the plan and employees save 30% or more!
What benefits can an employer include in a Flex Plan?
- Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee-paid insurance premiums
- Medical expenses not covered by insurance
- Adult and child daycare expenses
- Adoption expenses
Who can sponsor a Flex Plan?
- Regular Corporations
- S-Corporations *
- Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)
- Sole Proprietors
- Professional Corporations
- Non-Profit Organizations
* Note that 2% or greater shareholders of S-corporations
are not eligible to participate in Flex Plans.
Plan Design and Administration
Simply call JMR Financial Group, Inc., and we’ll walk you through the process.
- We will meet with you and review your current plan document, answer your questions and give you suggestions to customize your plan, helping maximize employee participation and savings.
- We will conduct on site enrollment meetings for your employees, assist with enrollments and stay for a question and answer session.
- We will provide account management by providing account balance, claim adjudication and claim payment by check or direct deposit.
- Our administrative services also include discrimination testing, quarterly account statements to all participants and annual reports to the employer.
- Our service agreement provides a detailed explanation of the service we provide on an annual basis.